KEY Education is looking for highly qualified part-time educators who are available to teach one to four days a week from 4:00-6:00 pm at either our West Vancouver or Vancouver campuses.
We are building a team of passionate and dynamic individuals who understand the value and power of education. If you are ready to take on an engaging and fulfilling role, send us your resume, along with a cover letter. We are interested in hearing from you!
Job Types: Contractor, Part-time
- Plan and implement enriched programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice, and program philosophy.
- Work integrally with KEY educators to evaluate, revise and recommend improvements to the current curriculum and learning resources.
- Lead children through 2-hour lessons that may be academic or social/emotional classes using our curriculum.
- Assess students on an ongoing basis to ensure that all the child’s learning needs are met.
- Act as a role model for students, and maintain a positive relationship with families and their children to promote a love of learning.
- Early Childhood Education certificate (ECE)/ (ECEA) or Bachelor of Education
- A degree from a Canadian accredited institution in Education or a related field is an asset
- Prior experience working with children between the age of 2-8 years old in an educational context such as a school or preschool
- Montessori and/or Reggio training is an asset.
- A clear criminal record check
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- A genuine passion for teaching children between the ages of 2 to 6 years
- Creative, enthusiastic, and dynamic with children, parents, and staff
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing conditions and priorities with a positive attitude
- Punctuality and reliability to meet all scheduled class sessions
- Professional approach to speaking with and working with children
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team but can also work independently
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship